Emily P. Walker is a licensed Anusara-Inspired™ yoga teacher.
Vinyasa means to move with the breath. The practice involves moving from one pose (asana) to another in coordination with the breath. This style of yoga is known for its ability to build internal heat to warm & detoxify the body while building strength and stamina. The result is a balance between strength & flexibility for the body and improved focus & concentration for the mind.
Emily’s classes offer very specific alignment instruction allowing for maximum benefit in each asana as well as injury prevention and therapeutics. While she has trained with Ana Forest, David Williams, Desiree Rumbaugh, Sean Corn, Tias Little and Todd Norian, her primary influence has been Deb Neubauer, Senior Certified Anusara™ Yoga instructor. Emily is Anusara-Inspired™ and trained in therapeutics and precise biomechanical instruction for in-depth asana instruction with a focus on anatomy & physiology, as well as advanced pranayama, contemplation and meditation techniques. Her first 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification is in flow/vinyasa style yoga. Her Level II certification with Sara Rose is in Anusara™ Yoga.
“Advancement in your practice is not in the asanas… it’s in your awareness, and in the extent to which you can carry that awareness into the rest of your life. If you have a perfect looking pose but can’t maintain focus and carry it into the rest of your life, it’s not yoga.” ~ David Swenson
- 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification with Mitchel Bleier, Senior Certified Anusara™ Yoga teacher. Trained in precise biomechanical instruction for flow style classes. Certification completed December 2006.
- Level III Anusara Immersion with Deb Neubauer, Senior Certified Anusara™ Yoga teacher. In-depth asana instruction, with a focus on anatomy & physiology utilizing John Friend?s Universal Principles of Alignment. Intermediate/advanced pranayama, contemplation and specific meditation techniques. Immersion completed November 2007.
- Anusara™ Yoga Teacher Training with Certified Anusara™ Teachers ~ Sara Rose, Daren Rhodes and Douglas Brooks, PhD. Refining the Universal Principles of Alignment, therapeutics, adjustments and teaching/communication skills. Level II Certification completed May 2008.
- Anusara™ Yoga Mentorship Program with Deb Neubauer, Senior Certified Anusara™ Yoga teacher. 50 hours of advanced teacher training limited to seasoned teachers with significant skill level in their teaching to cultivate depth, skill and mastery in teaching. Completed July 2009.
- 1,000+ hours training & teaching experience
began taking Svaroopa yoga classes in 2008 to help alleviate pain from a herniated disc and sciatica. He not only found relief but complete healing from his sciatica and in 2013 decided to start teacher training. In April 2016 he completed his level 4 teacher training at Svaroopa Vidya Ashram in Downingtown, PA and will soon be a certified Svaroopa yoga teacher, as well as registered with the Yoga Teachers Alliance at the 500 hour level. Steve truly love teaching and sharing this yoga with others because he personally knows the deep and profound healing that can be had with this practice.
Jennifer Goodine is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher who has been a practitioner of yoga
for over twenty years. With a background in education,
where she holds a master’s degree and several years experience as a classroom
teacher,Jennifer always dreamed to combine her love of teaching with her love of yoga.
In 2013, after being diagnosed with Lyme Disease, Jennifer decided to deepen her practice by
studying at Sacred Rivers Yoga in Glastonbury, CT. While her certification program took longer
than planned as she was in the throes of illness, Jennifer completed her 200 hr.training in
September 2016. She credits the deep self-study, daily physical practice, and mindfulness of
her training program for helping her to heal both the neurological and physical deficits incurred
throughout her illness.
Yoga is not merely a physical practice for Jennifer; yoga is a way of life
that serves as a daily reminder of the importance of presence and flexibility in both mind and
body. Jennifer enjoys a diverse practice of yoga and believes that anyone, anywhere, can
sustain a beneficial practice. Her classes speak to all levels of practice and center on the individual’s experience of self-connection to body and spirit. Off the mat, Jennifer is mother to
two’ tween yogis, an avid runner, reader, and writer of poetry. She continues to use fitness,
nutrition, mindfulness, and a healthy dose of laughter to warrior on from Lyme Disease.